No, I'm not going to post exactly how old I am or when my birthday is, but let's say that I'm running out of time to post about who thirties "Me" is. So, consider this an out of the ordinary post recapping myself for once.
A. My Schedule – On a work day, I wake up at about 7 a.m., but on the weekends, I prefer to sleep in until 8 a.m., when the kids wake me. I'd prefer to take a 2-hour early afternoon nap and then go to sleep at about 11 p.m. on the weekends.
B. My Size – I think I'm currently rocking a size 8 at three months postpartum.
C. My Personality – I don't know... I used to consider myself an optimist and generally a person who has far more happy days than sad days.
D. My Favorite Things
- Colors: Aqua blue. White. Off-black. Fuchsia.
- Shows and Movies: I've been watching a lot YouTube - some of my favorites are: Screen Junkies Honest Trailers, and Alexandra Gater. I also secretly love watching old episodes of The Golden Girls.
- Books: I tend to read non-fiction books. I really enjoyed reading Marie Kondo's The Magic of Tidying Up and Leo Babauta's The Power of Less.
- Toys and Play (Recreation): I feel like all I do in my spare time is clean. That being said, I like jogging and going for low-key hikes. I used to like doing cross stitch and painting but I haven't done either regularly in a very long time.
- Art: When I do art these days it's drawing or calligraphy. Every now and then I daydream about turning into a handmade cards kind of person, but then don't.
- Activities: My favorite thing to do these days is sing songs with Rosie - she loves singing!
- Time of Day: Afternoons.
- Bedding: I have a white comforter, a pillow I love from IKEA that is the perfect amount of puffy, and a genuine Pendleton National Park blanket.
- Clothing: I'm a jeans shorts and neon sandals kind of person. With a brimmed hat.
- Foods: My favorite food is probably crème brulee doughnuts from a local restaurant.
- Animals: I really likes horses, but I also really enjoy cats, and other cuddly animals.
- Heroes/Characters: I always liked Rogue from the XMen TV show because of her super strength.
E. Things I Do Not Like – Waking up. I like hitting "snooze."
F. What I'm Thinking About – I feel like I'm on the cusp of some big life changes. Like I'm in the "making preparations" (saving money) phase. And that the next chapter hasn't been written or even decided yet.
G. Surprises – I really thought I'd be a homeowner by now. Someday I will be again.
H. Best & Worst Things –
- The best thing(s): I'm fairly healthy, and am thankful to have the love and support of my family.
- The worst thing(s): That there aren't more hours in the day.
I. Family and Friends – I've missed seeing friends during Covid.
J. Parenting or What I’m Doing Differently – Honestly, everything I'm going through right now with regard to parenting is new territory. I'm an only child who is raising a large family (four kids!). I wish I had enough money to outsource the things that I'd rather not spend my time on (e.g. food preparation) and to buy more space for us to stretch out. Living in a small home is cozy but also limiting at times. And thus that I'd get to spend more time with my kids, ideally relaxing in a massive living room watching movies or spread out around a fire pit in a secluded, secure, inviting backyard.
Post a Comment