A. Her Schedule – She seems like an early bird and a party animal. She'll wake up as soon as she hears anyone else is up (approximately 6:30 a.m.) and she usually takes a nap at 2 p.m. and goes to bed at 8 p.m. with coercion. Left to her own devices, she'd never go to sleep.
B. Her Size – She's wearing size 6 clothing but it's a little big on her. She's wearing size 11 shoes and they're getting tight.
C. Her Personality – She is a pretty outgoing, friendly child, who loves taking care of younger kids like she's a mommy. Her biggest interests currently seem to be 1. babies, and 2. puppies.
D. Her Favorite Things
- Colors: Pink, red and turquoise.
- Shows and Movies: She really likes Encanto and Turing Red.
- Books: She has quite a few books on ponies.
- Toys and Play: She likes sensory toys (kinetic sand, Play Doh, etc.) and tiny toys (dollhouse stuff, Calico Critters, tiny surprise toys from bath bombs, Barbie pets, etc.).
- Art: She likes drawing and colors.
- Activities: She is a social butterfly. She shows a preference towards playing with girls. She loves pending time with her biggest brother and her little brother.
- Time of Day: She is an early bird.
- Bedding: She has a pink blanket with birds on it and a rainbow-colored pillow.
- Clothing: She'll wear anything but she tends to be a girlie-girl. Think pink cowgirl boots, leggings, and a t-shirt with flowers on it.
- Foods: Besides milk, she likes chocolate chips, Oreos, Fruit by the Foot (which she calls "Fruit by the Toe"), and fruit snacks shaped like Scooby Doo.
- Animals: She likes puppies, birds, and rabbits.
- Heroes/Characters: Probably the red panda Mei from Turing Red.
E. Things She Does Not Like – Bedtime. Foods that are not her favorite foods.
F. What She’s Thinking About – She loves spending time with her grandparents and her little brother. She also adores her oldest brother because he's nice to her and tolerant with her.
G. Surprises – I'm kind of surprised she likes blue, even though it's my favorite, because she's such a girlie girl. I'm also surprised she's not more into jewelry - if I give her some, she either breaks it immediately by being rough with it, or forgets about it.
H. Best & Worst Things –
- The best thing(s): She's a pretty happy person most of the time.
- The worst thing(s): 1. She does not get along with our six-year-old - she calls him "mean" and he calls her "annoying." 2. She talks nonstop all day. 3. She has a pretty dramatic temper she she doesn't get her way (she gets so loud, huffing and puffing all over the house, stomping, and tossing items).
I. Family and Friends – She is getting to be good friends with the neighbor's daughters. I wish I saw my friends with kids more often so that she could get closer to their kids too.
J. Parenting or What I’m Doing Differently – I'm really loving the home-based childcare provider we have. I'm getting pressured to move her into a group daycare center, but I've had many unpleasant experiences with those with my older children (stress and overcrowding).
K. Milestones – She's learning to ride a balance bike.