A. Her Schedule – Left to her own devices, she'll wake up at the crack of dawn and go to bed whenever we go to bed, but her bedtime is 8:00 p.m.
B. Her Size – She's wearing size 5 clothing or extra-small, which is only one size smaller than our 6-year old. She's wearing size 10 shoes.
C. Her Personality – She is a pretty outgoing, friendly child. It's been weird having her spend basically half her entire life during a global pandemic when socializing (like at the playground) has been discouraged.
D. Her Favorite Things
- Colors: Pink and red.
- Shows and Movies: She still likes Disney movies but she watches a lot of YouTube videos too.
- Books: She does not have a favorite book.
- Toys and Play: She still really likes babydolls and all of the accessories. She also likes Duplos. She also likes tiny toys like Hatchimals. And she likes PlayDoh.
- Art: She loves drawing with markers (both dry erase and regular).
- Activities: She loves socializing with other friends, be they younger or older than her. She is drawn to babies like a moth to a flame - she loves meeting babies and enthusiastically saying "So cute! So cuddly!" to them.
- Time of Day: She is an early bird.
- Bedding: She has a pink blanket and a rainbow-colored pillow.
- Clothing: She'll wear anything but she tends to be a girlie-girl if left to her own devices. She likes floral prints and the Houndstooth pattern in particular.
- Foods: Besides milk, she likes chocolate and other sweet things.
- Animals: She's not as into animals as her older brothers. That being said, she likes puppies and birds.
- Heroes/Characters: Frozen's Elsa and Anna.
E. Things She Does Not Like – Bedtime. Eating most foods - she is a picky eater and is quick to label foods as "Ewww, gross!"
F. What She’s Thinking About – She is really into babies, including her own little brother. She declares her love for him daily. For the most part, he tolerates her affection, but it is a bit of a lopsided relationship.
G. Surprises – I'm a bit surprised that she's so into babies as I was not when I was a little girl. Though that may be because I didn't have a lot of exposure to babies whereas she has met them at daycare (pre-pandemic), not to mention living with a baby brother in her bedroom!
H. Best & Worst Things –
- The best thing(s): She has a pretty good relationship with her oldest brother.
- The worst thing(s): She is so incredibly loud. She talks loudly and continuously, and she sings even louder.
I. Family and Friends – She has a little buddy who is slightly older than her - her "buddy" is one of my BFF's children. Sometimes, they sweetly talk, hold hands, and play together. Other times, they fight bitterly over any given toy that they both want to play with at the same time.
J. Parenting or What I’m Doing Differently – Parenting during a pandemic is a weird experience. On the one hand, I am getting far more time near her than I otherwise would. On the other hand, ordinary experiences like taking her to the store aren't happening. She is still very confused by the concept of stores - places where you go and see things in packages but they're not yours, and you can't open them or take them with you when you leave.
K. Milestones – She's pretty good at counting and knowing her letters.
Post a Comment