Before I kick off this post I'd like to add a program note that we're in Covid-19 quarantine. The daycares and schools are closed. So, that situation affects some of what's below.
A. Her Schedule – Since quarantine, our daily schedule has moved back a bit. Rosie usually gets up around 7 a.m. and goes to bed around 7:30 p.m. She usually wants one nap a day.
B. Her Size – She’s wearing between a size 2T and 3T and size 6 shoes.
C. Her Personality – She is probably the sweetest of my three kids. She loves us and she lets us know. She can be very persuasive in getting what she wants, whether it's the iPad or another potato chip ("tato CHIP").
D. Her Favorite Things
- Colors: She will wear other colors but she really likes pink. She also likes when her clothes have flowers on them.
- Shows and Movies: She still watches Yo Gabba Gabba (her favorite character is Foofa, the pink one), but also now really likes Peppa Pig, and both Frozen movies (which she calls "Anna").
- Toys, Play, and Art: Since quarantine and me moving her toys and books into her room, and getting more screen time, her interest in books has seriously waned. As far as toys, she likes her Elmo doll, little things (like Shopkins), a horse figurine, and toy cars. For a while she was really into magnets but that interest has also waned. As far as art, she likes coloring, and will request "paper" and "red."
- Time of Day: Any time she's outside.
- Bedding: She still has her pink horseshoe fuzzy blankets but doesn't usually sleep under them. I guess she gets hot.
- Foods: She likes bananas, grapes, and applesauce as far as healthy foods go. As far as less than healthy choices, she likes juice, Lucky Charms marshmallow cereal, and potato chips.
- Activities: I can't think of anything she wants to do more than zone out on an iPad. That being said, she also seems to like going for walks, pushing her giant toy car, and going for rides in the motorized kids' tractor.
- Animals: She seems to like animals, though no type in particular. She's pretty gentle with our dog and cat.
- Heroes: She may be too young for this one.
E. Things She Does Not Like – She used to hate sitting in her high chair so now I just let her sit in a regular chair like the rest of us.
F. What She’s Thinking About – She seems to know a lot of words. I wonder about the impact being away from her/our friends and her daycare provider is having on her. We have been trying to potty train her but the only part of the process she'll do is to sit on the kid potty.
G. Surprises – How infectious her smiles are, and how she cracks herself up.
H. Best & Worst Things –
- The best things: When she gives me a hug. When she holds a toy up to me and says "cute!" or pushes her car and says "fun" or "like it!"
- The worst things: Her fascination/obsession with screens.
I. Family and Friends – I think she's an extrovert. During quarantine I asked her "What do you need?" expecting an answer like "Milk." Instead, she looked longingly outside at our neighbors and said "Friends."
J. Parenting or What I’m Doing Differently – We are off the charted map at this point due to the whole Covid-19 situation. Things like going to the playground or playdates aren't happening - the playgrounds are closed. Going to the pool is out of the question - our rec. centers are all closed. Sure, we walk around the neighborhood plenty, but that has gotten quite dull.