|At Bear's Birthday Party|
A. Her Schedule – She wakes up at about 6:30 a.m., even on the weekends, but she’s willing to hang out in her room until about 7 a.m., when she starts jiggling her door handle.
B. Her Size – I think she has relatively long legs.
- Weight: 22 lbs. (40th percentile)
- Height: 31.25 inches (75th percentile)
C. Her Personality – She’s generally really sweet and friendly. She likes hugs and being held. She seems like she’s going to be talkative once she figures out how words work (right now she’s big on grunting and other non-verbal noises to let you know what she wants). She seems like she’s going to be a pretty tenacious individual, as she is quite persistent about going after what she’s decided she wants.
D. Her Favorite Things
- Colors: Light pink, perhaps, and maybe blue too.
- Shows: Yo Gabba Gabba.
- Toys, Play, and Art: She doesn’t do much art, which is one down side of having her in a home-based daycare instead of at a center. She likes her baby dolls. She also wants to be allowed to play with the boys, even if they would rather keep to themselves.
- Time of Day: Hard to say – any time there are people around – she seems like a people person!
- Bedding: She has a pink fuzzy blanket and loves sleeping in her toddler bed.
- Foods: Fruit. This baby (ahem, toddler) loves fruit. She also likes the marshmallows in Lucky Charms cereal. And fruit squeezies (baby food pouches).
- Activities: We take a Baby & Me swim class together that she seems to like.
- Animals: She loves feeding our dog from her high chair, even though we’ve tried to discourage this.
- Heroes: None that I’m aware of.
E. Things She Does Not Like – Being kept up late. She likes to go to sleep at about 7 p.m. Also, being kept in her highchair when she's finished eating, even if the rest of us are still eating - she will let us know she's done by handing us all of her leftover food.
F. What She’s Thinking About – I think she’s a pretty happy child, though I’m not sure what she spends most of her time thinking about.
G. Surprises – How persistent she is at taking a barrette out of her hair. You’d think that having hair clipped out of her face would be preferable to “Struggling Musician” hair in her face, but apparently not.
H. Best & Worst Things –
- The best things: How everything she does seems like the cutest thing that has ever been done to me. Also, that Bear is now taking an interest in her (Serious Kiddo has always been sweet with her).
- The worst things: She can get quite loud when she’s unhappy (e.g. when I don’t let her have my cell phone), and this greatly upsets my significant other.
I. Family and Friends – Thankfully, she has a couple of similarly aged little cousins in New England, and one future BFF locally who is about the same age.
J. Parenting or What I’m Doing Differently – These moments when she’s so young are so fleeting and precious – they will be gone before I’m ready, I’m sure. I barely remember Serious Kiddo at this age. I hope that I remain close to my children as they grow up and move out and on to (hopefully) great things.
|Size 4 Crocs, the Only Shoes That'll Stay On|
Post a Comment