The basic idea is always the following:
- Remove items that belong someplace else
- Toss items that can be thrown away (e.g. expired, broken, useless, duplicate, or empty items)
- Donate items that can be donated (not applicable this time)
- Consider making use of vertical space (not applicable this time)
- Group like-items together (preferably by corralling them in some kind of storage container)
- Do not fear empty space - it's a good thing to have leftover space
I have now done step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4, and step 6 (above). I did step 5 too but I really don't think the Internet needs to see the inside of my purse to prove it ;). Plus, my clean purse results lasted all of like ten hours, whereas I have been successfully making sure the other areas that are part of this challenge don't get recluttered.